To listen to this episode, click this link.
In this conversation with Carly we discuss:
◦ Breaking a sub 3 hour marathon;
◦ How running helps her physical and mental well-being;
◦ How she manages negative self talk whilst running;
◦ How to she’s managing training and racing during the COVID-19 pandemic;
◦ Why she runs today, compared to how she started;
◦ How she tries to find balance whilst being an A type person.
Carly got into running in 2016 and developed a love for marathons. She has completed 11 marathons ranging from times of 3:49 to her current personal record of 2:55.
She works work full time as a pharmacist, concurrently she’s putting in the graft. In 2020 she ran 4000 miles which equates to a weekly average of 76 miles.
You can follow her on Instagram at @carlyspat